Sunday 4 December 2011

December 4th

Got to the plot for 09:30 and it was a bit cool - thought my hands were going to drop off after first 10 minutes! Amazingly even though we've had our first frost the Rudbeckia were still flowering

Picked a load of different salad leaves from bottom allotment for my sandwiches at work and then a bit of weeding and tidying up on top allotment - picked a few radish too.
Warmed up a bit by this time and the sun came out too.

Then it was time for a bit of digging, dug a trench for the beans. I haven't done this before to this extent but the experienced allotmenteers all do it.
I will fill this with annual weeds and general kitchen and other allotment waste.

I need to spread some well rotted manure on some of the beds soon - will have to borrow a wheelbarrow from one of the other plot holders - spotted one further up the site on my way out.

Didn't see anyone else this morning but I did enjoy the peace and quiet and the exercise.

No comments: