Saturday 18 February 2012

18 February

Went up this aftenoon for a couple of hours with youngest daughter. Picked some more sald for my sandwiches next week!

Managed to dig in all the green manure on the top allotment and also the remaining salad which was past it's best. It rained half way through and we saw another lovely rainbow but I just carried on digging with my waterproof jacket on and my daughter took shelter in the shed until it had nearly stopped.


Put some more kitchen waste in the bean trench and filled it in. Left it mounded up as I'm sure it'll rot down over next couple of months:


Top allotment looking fairly tidy now, next visit I'll have to dig in the green manure on the bottom allotment.


Looking forward to getting my first early potatoes under glass in 2 weeks time!

No comments: