Saturday 31 March 2012

31 March

Went up on my bike this morning with 11 strawberry plants from the greenhouse at home (couldn't carry any more!). The first raised bed I made in late 2008 had rotten posts and needed removing so I took the opportunity to get rid of all the old strawberry plants that had been in there 3 1/2 years. They weren't new plants when I put them in - I'd brought them from the front garden at home so they've done pretty well!


There were a few large dandelions in the bed so had to dig quite far down to get majority of the root - couldn'y do it very easily before while the strawberries were in there.

My first early potatoes are just showing through under the glass. I'll let them grow a bit more and then start earthing up.

On a previous visit last weekend I set up the sweet peas around the woven bamboo plant support donated by my mother!

No comments: