Monday 31 August 2015

August is over already but the plot is producing well.

Can't quite believe August is over already!

All the Rocket and Abbott early potatoes have been dug up now and I've started on the Lady Christl. I really liked the Abbott, lovely shaped potatoes, just the right size for boiling and nice and clean when dug up. I'd like to dig all the Lady Christl up and put them in hessian sacks but it's just been too wet. I'll wait for a decent sunny day next month and carry on digging them up as we need them.

The pumpkins are coming along well!

The purple brussel sprouts and cabbages are doing well.

I have continued to harvest the French Beans, courgettes, white carrots and beetroot. I have taken the shallots and most of the red onions home and strung them up in the shed to dry.

The apple tree is groaning with the weight of fruit. I also have some plums about ready and some pears which are nearing picking time.

It looks like this will be a good year for sweetcorn too, loads of cobs nearly ripe:
In the greenhouse at home, the Sungold and the larger yellow tomatoes have been prolific and plenty more to come. The Black tomatoes (Indigo Rose) are ripening now as are the Tigerella and I have a few peppers too. The cucumber is producing too there's just not that many

No comments: