Monday 8 April 2013

6 & 7 April

2 trips to the plot at the weekend.

On Saturday I went in the car as I had 40 seed potatoes to take with me and I brought a trug full of parsnips, beetroot and leeks back!

I put 20 Melody potatoes in a raised bed on the bottom allotment:

and managed to put 10 Sarpo Mira in row on the top allotment.

On Sunday, I went up on my bike and put the other 10 Sarpo in next to the first 10. I also sowed a row of parsnips and some salad leaves on the top allotment.

Back at home in the conservatory, the Alicante tomatoes are getting quite big (I may have started them off a bit early!) and the Sungold are coming along ok. The marigolds have germinated and are 1+ inches high and the nasturtiums are getting quite tall. The cabbages and peppers seem to be growing well too.

No comments: